Your privacy – A quick overview
We promise to…
• …never sell or give your data to anyone.
• …only share your data with our partners as explicitly needed for you to use our or their services.
• …remove your data from our systems should you ask us to.
We are, and will be fully compliant with EU GDPR.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or use our app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. This may also include information from surveys and when using “contact” forms on our sites or in our apps.
We collect certain user information, such as IP address, geographic location, browser and mobile platform, webpages viewed on our site. Location information is processed in our apps to enable you getting relevant search results, among other things. Our Service may send you push notifications when it’s relevant for you and your preferences and/or orders.
Food preferences may be stored for the purpose of better serving you relevant offers in our apps.
We do not store credit card data.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site(s) or in our app(s).
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You are in control of how we can use your personal information. Subject to local law…:
• You may ask for a copy of the personal information we store about you. Just send us a signed request.
• You may inform us of any changes to or corrections of your personal information in our databases.
• You may ask us to erase your personal information stored in our databases.
It’s your responsibility that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. We ask you to inform us of any changes to or errors in your personal information by contacting us at events (at) sustainablegastro.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than after 30 days.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Deleting your information
You are entitled to terminate your account with us at any time. This means that all information connected to your account will either be deleted or made anonymous. Please note, binding legal requirements may require us to store certain information for various periods of time. In order for us to comply with these regulations, some parts of your information may not be deleted from our databases at your request.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Per the nature of some of our services, third party service providers as supplier of services directly to you, and with which we have entered into a business relationship, need to have access to some of your personal information. This could for example include your name, phone number or food preferences. However, outside of the scope of serving you and providing you our services, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at events (at) sustainablegastro.com
Should we, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, assets or equity to a third party, your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via our Websites or Applications may be disclosed to any actual third party purchaser of the business, assets or equity, and may be among the transferred assets.
Sauletekio al. 15
events (at) sustainablegastro.com